Dennis Roberts, a pharmacy director at Baptist Memphis, just won the 2019 Tennessee Society of Health- System Pharmacists (TSHP) Distinguished Pharmacist of the Year award.
He received the honor during this year’s Tennessee Pharmacists Association summer meeting in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
The award recognizes pharmacists who have:
- Sustained service and accomplishment for a career of not less than 20 years in the profession
- An active membership in TSHP
- Professional standing in the community and health-system practice
- Made contributions in the area of health-system pharmacy practice, research, and/or publications
- Implemented innovative approaches to practice
- Performed civic service and enhancement of the profession in the view of the public
Dennis was a key part of Baptist Memphis’ opioid light program, which has significantly reduced the amount of opioids the hospital’s emergency department gives to patients. He and other members of the pharmacy team have shared information about their program throughout the Baptist system and across the state and nation.