As the first round of Go Healthy! classes ends and a second round begins, BestHealth is bringing a host of new opportunities for team members to engage in the employee wellness program.
The ABCs of Strength Training
April’s free exercise class – The ABCs of Strength Training, presented by the YMCA – will be held at four Baptist Memorial Health Care locations:
- Baptist Memphis: Monday, April 15 at 5:30 p.m. in BEC 3-4-5
- Baptist Corporate (Memphis): Monday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m. in the HR training room
- Baptist DeSoto: Monday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m. in DeSoto Rooms A & B
- Baptist North Mississippi (Oxford): Monday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m. in Magnolia Room 1
YMCA instructors will lead the classes, and you must register in advance. To sign up:
- Login to HealthStream
- Click on the “Catalog” tab
- In the search bar, type in “BestHealth” (one word, not two)
- Locate “BMH BestHealth Fitness” and click the Info button
- Click the “Choose Class” button
- Find the location, date and time you would like to attend and click the green “Register” button
If you have any questions, please email BestHealth@bmhcc.org or call 901-227-2378 (BEST).
If you have attended at least one of BestHealth’s free exercise classes, congratulations! You are part of BestHealth, BestFit, a new group designed to encourage team members to make exercise an important part of their lives. Members get first access to BestHealth’s free exercise classes and could win a $100 gift card! For every class you attend, you’ll get an entry into a drawing. At the end of the year, three lucky members will win a $100 prize.
BestHealth, BestFit is available to team members in metro-Memphis; Jackson, Mississippi; and Oxford, Mississippi, and the program will soon be rolled out systemwide. If you’re not a member yet, it’s not too late! Just come to a free class to join the club!
Total Wellbeing Challenge
On April 15, BestHealth will launch its second challenge— The Total Wellbeing Challenge. The goal is to log at least 10,000 steps, five times a week (Monday – Sunday) between April 15 and May 26. Each week you meet the goal, your name will be entered into the drawing for a $50 weekly prize that can be used in the Awardco gift card mall. Also, your name will be entered into a drawing for a $200 grand prize that can be used in the Awardco gift card mall. To register:
- Click on “Challenges” from the menu on the inHealth mobile app or web-based portal at https://portal.inhealth4change.com
- Click on the Total Wellbeing Challenge
- Click “Enroll” to get started
Click here for more information about how to log your steps during the challenge.
BestHealth Pinterest board
If you’re looking for healthy meal ideas, fitness tips, mental health advice and other wellness information, follow BestHealth’s Pinterest board! You can find it on the inHealth app or on Pinterest. Click here for more info.