Six Baptist hospitals were recognized for the quality of care they deliver. The hospitals received QUEST awards for top performance in at least four of six domains measured by a leading healthcare improvement company called Premier:
- Obtaining a mortality rate at least 15 percent less than expected
- Reducing the average cost of care to at least less than $6,870 per discharge (depending on size of the facility)
- Reliably delivering all evidence-based care measures to patients in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care at least 96 percent of the time
- Improving the hospital experience so that patients and families favorably rate their stay and would recommend the facility to others at least 76 percent of the time
- Reducing preventable harm events
- Obtaining a readmissions rate at least 11 percent less than expected.
The six hospitals and their award designations include:
QUEST AWARD WINNER (achieved top performance in all six domains)
Baptist Union County
QUEST AWARD FINALIST (achieved top performance in five of six domains)
Baptist Union City
QUEST CITATION OF MERIT (achieved top performance in four of six domains)
Premier Inc. is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of approximately 3,400 U.S. hospitals and 110,000 other providers to transform healthcare. A Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, Premier plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide.
Winners were publicly announced on June 21, at Premier’s annual Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition in National Harbor, Md.