Whereas, Baptist Memorial Health Care healthcare professionals have committed to saving lives and caring for others above their own personal health and safety; and,
Whereas, Baptist healthcare professionals have gone above and beyond their call of duty to help curb the spread of COVID-19 through testing, treating and educating hundreds of thousands of Midsoutherners; and,
Whereas, Baptist healthcare professionals have saved thousands of lives during the COVID-19 pandemic with their selfless care and dedication; and,
Whereas, brave Baptist healthcare professionals have sacrificed precious time with their families to care for patients as the COVID-19 pandemic rapidly intensified their own daily lives; and,
Whereas, Baptist healthcare professionals have exhibited boundless compassion, courage and commitment throughout the COVID-19 pandemic despite immense stress, fatigue and physical strain; and,
Now, therefore, be it resolved, that the Board of Trustees of the Baptist Memorial Health Care System, Inc.
- Recognizes and applauds the contributions of Baptist healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Appreciates that Baptist healthcare professionals have answered the call to serve their communities during these unprecedented times.
- Commends the Baptist healthcare professionals who have risked their own health and safety, as well as the health and safety of their loved ones, to continue their work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understands that Baptist healthcare professionals have continued their work at all times despite their own risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other personal sacrifices.
- Hails these acts of heroism that have allowed essential services to continue operating, minimized the inevitable disruption to our daily lives, and played a critical role in protecting the health and safety of the communities we serve.
- Recognizes the immense debt of gratitude that we owe Baptist healthcare professionals for their heroic and selfless service during the COVID-19 pandemic, and thanks them.