BestHealth’s Diabetes Management Program provides medical and financial support for Baptist health plan members with diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and prediabetes. For more information, please call (901) 227-2378.
What is it?
The BestHealth Diabetes Management Program helps you take an active role in managing your diabetes. Our approach focuses on improving your overall health and wellbeing while helping you learn how to manage your diabetes better. BestHealth wellbeing specialists and care coordinators, in partnership with your health care provider, will help you set and achieve goals.
What does it offer?
- 100% coverage of approved medications and supplies covered under our pharmacy benefit formulary, including medically necessary needles, syringes, lancets, test strips and glucometers, to treat diabetes. You won’t have to pay any copays or deductibles for these medicines and supplies. Unless you live in Arkansas, you must fill these medications and supplies at a Baptist Outpatient Pharmacy or the Baptist Mail Order Pharmacy.
- Personalized coaching with a BestHealth wellbeing specialist or care coordinator.
Team members, spouses and dependents who have Baptist insurance and who have been diagnosed with:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Insulin resistance
- Metabolic syndrome
What are the requirements?
- Complete a BestHealth risk assessment and biometric screening
- Agree to participate in the BestHealth coaching/care management program for diabetes
- Meet with a BestHealth wellbeing specialist or care coordinator at least once every 3 months in person or by telephone
- Enroll in and complete the Go Healthy! weight management program within 180 days of enrolling in the BestHealth Diabetes Management Program if your BMI is 30 or higher
Noncompliance with program requirements will result in disenrollment from the program for the remainder of the calendar year, so you will no longer have 100% coverage of diabetes medications and supplies.
How can I enroll?
Complete the enrollment form on the BestHealth Sharepoint site and return to BestHealth by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (901) 227-2377