All across the Baptist system, team members celebrated the holidays by giving generously to one another, families, patients and communities. Physicians cooked lunches, PD Parrot and Santa visited kids, and team members collected food, donations and money for many needy families. Here are just a few highlights:
- Baptist Union County hosted a food drive for Good Samaritan Center.
- Baptist Tipton collected canned goods and clothes for Amanda’s Way and provided 20 families with Christmas dinner.
- Children in the Spence and Becky Wilson Baptist Children’s Hospital’s pediatric ICU enjoyed two large stockings donated by Health Net Federal Credit Union.
- Staff physicians at Baptist North Mississippi donated $1,825 to the Oxford Christmas Store and $1,425 to The Pantry.
- Baptist Huntingdon donated to WRAP ( Wo/Men’s Resource and Rape Assistance Program).
- Dr. Alyssa Throckmorton and her team at Baptist Medical Group-Memphis Breast Care cooked for Hope Lodge.
- Baptist team members donated toiletries and warm clothing, which volunteers distributed to more than 250 homeless patients at the annual Baptist Operation Outreach Tree of Faith, Hope & Love event. The patients also received a warm meal during the event.