Baptist hospitals and team members were among the big winners at the 2019 Mississippi Hospital Association Nightingale Awards. Baptist DeSoto won Hospital of the Year, and its Women’s Pavilion team was named Nurse Team of the Year.
Six Mississippi Baptist Medical Center nurse won individual awards:
- Heather Bell – Inpatient Clinical Practice Nurse of the Year
- Brandi Ware – Nurse in Non-Traditional Setting of the Year
- Chalon Huffman – Nurse Mentor of the Year
- Gween Adams – Nurse Preceptor of the Year
- Alex Harvey – Nurse Rookie of the Year
- Tonya Ball – Outpatient Clinical Practice Nurse of the Year
The Nightingale Awards honor exceptional service in Mississippi’s nursing and health care industry.