The Baptist Quality team is throwing down the KATA gauntlet to all entities with a call for poster entries for a systemwide contest. If you’re in the market for some friendly competition – and the chance to win a significant, yet secret prize – then it’s time to get moving and turn your KATA board into a poster.
Here are the details:
Theme: The poster is to align with any of the six domains contained in the QUEST scorecard and highlight work in a quality improvement initiative. Projects don’t need to be completed or solved to qualify. KATA coaches can help you during the creation phase. Entries can also incorporate ideas of empathy or the four rights goals. Specifics to consider:
- How did you identify your challenge or opportunity?
- Define the current condition
- Establish your target condition
- What scientific principles did you use to build your process/initiative?
- What are your measures to record your results?
- Patterns of work
- How did you “play the game?”
- What are your obstacles to target condition?
- How did you solve obstacles or put them in the parking lot?
- What experiments did you try?
Deadline: April 21, 2017 – All submissions must be received by Manesha Hathcock by this date.
Judging will take place during the week of April 24. Judges are members of the senior leadership team, Baptist Management System and the Quality department. The winner will be announced on April 28 during the Annual Quality Symposium.