Giving Tuesday (Nov. 27) will be here soon, offering everyone an opportunity to put down their shopping lists and give to a charitable organization. If you choose to donate to the Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation on Giving Tuesday, you could help send a child to Camp Good Grief.
Camp Good Grief is a bereavement camp where children and teenagers who have lost loved ones can come together for companionship, play and therapy. It costs approximately $1,500 to send one child to Camp Good Grief. During last year’s Giving Tuesday, the Baptist Foundation raised $3,000 for its Camp Good Grief fund. This year’s goal is more than twice that – $7,500 – and it will help send five children to camp. Every dollar you give will be used for that purpose.
Here are 4 easy things you can do to help send a child to Camp Good Grief on Giving Tuesday:
- Donate! Suggested amount is $20.18 or whatever you can give, and all Giving Tuesday donations are collected online. . To donate, click here.
- Contribute to Amazon Smile: Amazon will automatically donate a percentage of what you spend to the Baptist Foundation. It won’t cost you anything. Click here to learn how to do it.
- Host a fundraiser: Your department could have a bake sale or breakfast sale. If your team is interested, contact Melissa Surles at 901-227-7125 or Melissa.Surles@bmhcc.org.
- Create your own personal fundraiser on your Facebook page. Here’s how:
- Click on “Make a Post”
- Click on “Support Nonprofit” (On a computer, click on the ellipsis (…) next to “Feeling/Activity”)
- Type something in the blank section about how donating will support Camp Good Grief
- Click “Share”
Mark your calendars for Giving Tuesday, Nov. 27, and help a grieving child cope with the loss of a loved one.
For team members at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Attala, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Leake and Baptist Memorial Hospital-Yazoo:
Baptist Health Foundation is asking you to join us this #GivingTuesday in support of fund for the girls, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center’s breast health initiative. fund for the girls covers the cost of breast health services, such as screening and diagnostic mammograms, ultrasounds, and biopsies, for Mississippians who otherwise could not afford them. fund for the girls is working every day to help Mississippians detect and defeat breast cancer. We are asking for your support as we continue to provide our neighbors with local, meaningful care. Join us in making a difference one person at a time… one mammogram at a time. To donate to fund for the girls and to learn more about how we are impacting the community, visit our website at http://www.fundforthegirls.com.