Starting this year, anyone with Baptist insurance MUST undergo a complete biometric screening – height, weight, waist circumference, glucose, cholesterol (full lipid panel) and blood pressure, along with a tobacco test – and submit the results to BestHealth by Friday, Nov. 15. You can no longer only submit the results of your tobacco screening, and you cannot take the BlueCross BlueShield tobacco cessation course unless you test positive for tobacco.
Non-smokers: If you don’t submit the results of your biometric screening and a negative tobacco test by Friday, Nov. 15, you will have to pay an $80 a month surcharge.
Smokers: If you don’t submit the results of your biometric screening and tobacco test AND complete a tobacco cessation course by Friday, Nov. 15, you will have to pay an $80 a month surcharge.
Tobacco Cessation Courses
If you test positive for tobacco, you may take the BestHealth Tobacco Cessation course or the BlueCross BlueShield course by Friday, Nov. 15 to avoid the surcharge. For more information on the courses, please contact BestHealth at 901-227-2378 (BEST) or email@example.com
Before getting your biometric screening, either at your entity or at your primary care provider’s office, please complete a health risk assessment. You can go here or go to the “Health Risk” section of the inHealth app to complete the questionnaire.
Where You Can Get a Biometric Screening
- Make an appointment for a biometric screening at your entity
- You MUST fast for six hours before your appointment.
- You MUST make an appointment in HealthStream. Click here for instructions on how to do that.
- Have your primary care provider perform your biometric screening AND tobacco test.
- Your provider MUST put your results on a Biometric Screening Provider Form and have your provider send it to BestHealth by Friday, Nov. 15. You can find the form in the “BestHealth” tab in the inHealth app or on the “Biometric Screening” link on the BestHealth Sharepoint site.
- Baptist health plan members can earn $100 gift card for this annual visit. Learn more about this and other BestHealth incentives here.